Meet the Doulas
We three kindred-hearted friends, servants of pregnancy, birth and postpartum, have pooled our strengths, skills and passions to bring a unique collaboration of service to Omaha.
What is a doula?
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to the family before, during and just after birth (dona.org).
What do Kindred Hearts Birth Doula services include?
Birth Doula services include:
- a complimentary risk free interview with all available doulas
- unlimited prenatal support
- access to monthly private Birth Circle client enrichment and support gatherings
- access to private online support community
- Complimentary Comfort Basket including a personal Rebozo, postpartum comfort pads, herbal bath and more
- access to Kindred Hearts Lending Library
- Private Prenatal class
- continuous, untimed labor and birth support in home and at the birthing location
- immediate postpartum and breastfeeding support following delivery
- two hour postpartum followup with a postpartum doula